Bibtex files and Mendeley

lorson's picture

First of all, apologize me for my english :/ !

So I'm librarian in french department of economics. Researchers of my laboratory use Scientific workplace to write articles, and Mendeley to manages citation and pdf.
I have choosen Bibtex as "Bibliography choice"
A professor gave me a tex files made with scientific workplace (test_mendeely.tex, you can see it in attachement).
I put my .bib files, generate by Mendeley software (My Collection.bib you can see it in attachement) in the folder C\SWp55\TCITeX\BibTeX\bib

After the line 2, Bartranes 2013 is cited (insert-->Typeset object-->citation-->Mycollection.bib--> view Keys --> Baranes2013 --> OK)
After the line 3, Beretti 2013 is cited (insert-->Typeset object-->citation-->Mycollection.bib--> view Keys --> Beretti2013 --> OK)
Then, at the end of my tex document, I insert my bibliography (insert-->Typeset object-->bibliography :
--> Database file --> My collection .bib
--> Style --> authordate1
A grey [BIBTEX] appear.
So, I save my document, and Typeset--> compile. I check "Generate à Bibliography".--> OK
So I have this message :
---------------------------------
"cd C:/Users/garnierl/AppData/Local/Temp/
C:\swp55\TCITeX\web2c\BibTeX.exe C:/Users/garnierl/AppData/Local/Temp/swp0000
This is BibTeX, Version 0.99c (Web2C 7.5.6)
The top-level auxiliary file: C:/Users/garnierl/AppData/Local/Temp/swp0000.aux
The style file: authordate1.bst
White space in argument---line 9 of file C:/Users/garnierl/AppData/Local/Temp/swp0000.aux
: \bibdata{acompat,My
: Collection}
I'm skipping whatever remains of this command
Database file #1: acompat.bib
Warning--I didn't find a database entry for "Baranes2013"
Warning--I didn't find a database entry for "Beretti2013"
(There was 1 error "
-----------------------------------------

Then, in my DVI file I have no citation but [?], and nothing after "References" (you can see it in attachement).

Could you tell me what's wrong. Do you know if my Mendeely file "My collection.bib" can run with Scientific workplace ?

Thank you for your answer :) !!

Laurent

AttachmentSize
test_mendeely.tex3.86 KB
test_mendeely.dvi3.34 KB
My Collection.bib120.18 KB

Using a space in the file

Using a space in the file name for your .bib file is the cause of the problem you are seeing.  Rename to MyCollection.bib (or any other name that does not include a space in the file name).  Then in SW revise the BibTeX field.  The database field is multi-select, so you can click on acompat to deselect it, and then find your renamed .bib file to select it.

The next problem you will then run into is that the authordate1 BibTeX bibliography style requires the package authordate1-4 in order to compile the document.  Add this package to your document and you should be able to generate a bibliography.

lorson's picture

It works !! Thank you very

It works !! Thank you very much Georges !
Have a good day and thank you very much for your help ! :D