Scientific workplace 5.5 with Camtasia Studio 8.1 interaction

jsmeyer's picture

I have found that when I use Techsmith's Camtasia Studio 8.1 and try to record the screen while using Scientific Workplace 5.5 that an interaction between the programs seems to be occuring; I cannot, within Scientific Workplace, use ctrl-m to switch between mathematics mode and text mode. The switch can be made by "clicking" on the T or M icon in the tool rows. I do not know why this interaction occurs. Is there someway to temporarily change the ctrl-m switch to a non-interacting key combination?
(Scientific Workplace, run "stand-alone" has the ctrl-m switch working fine.)
Pax
Jim Meyer

tomprice's picture

Have you tried using the

Have you tried using the Insert key?

jsmeyer's picture

Alas, that does not seem to

Alas, that does not seem to work, at least in the simple forms of (a) using it alone instead of ctrl-m or (b) using it with ctrl as in ctrl-insert.
Thank you, though, for the suggestion. Perhaps I am not following it in the manner you intended. Another interesting twist just reared is misshapen head; when using Camtasia Studio recording mode with Scientific Workplace 5.5, if the SWP is in mathematics mode, ctrl-T will put it into text mode. Once in text-mode, as I mentioned before, I must click on the T on the toolbar to switch back to mathematics mode

pax
Jim Meyer

tomprice's picture

I just completed a short

I just completed a short recording of the SWP editor using Camtasia 8.1. I used the Insert key (alone) to switch between math and text mode without a problem.

jsmeyer's picture

Very interesting. I was using

Very interesting. I was using Windows 8. That may hae made the difference. At least I can still switch, but it is awkward to remember to use the alternative click. method.
Thanks for the comments.
Pax
jsmeyer

jsmeyer's picture

Ah, Mr. Price, your "use

Ah, Mr. Price, your "use insert" fix does work. I was using a new keyboard and also the insert key on the numeric keypad, with NumLock on. when I found the other Insert (or turned off NumLock) the insert key worked just as you said it would.

Thanks again,

Pax
Jim Meyer