Aligning chapter headings in table of contents

tramrider's picture

Hi everyone,

I would like to know if there are anyway to align how my chapter headings are appearing in the table of contents. Currently, if the chapter headings contain around two to three words, they appear as they normally do in table of contents. However, when I have a long chapter heading, the alignment goes crazy. The chapter headings in the table of contents are sometimes centered, and sometimes indented.

I have no idea why this is happening. Any help would be great.

Thanks!

AttachmentSize
example.tex3.97 KB
Chapter1.tex135 bytes
Chapter2.tex222 bytes
example.pdf17.95 KB

This could be something in

This could be something in the document, or something caused by the typesetting specification you are using.  Post a document that shows the problem, otherwise this is as much help as can be offered.

tramrider's picture

Thanks for the reply. I have

Thanks for the reply.

I have added in the master document, and two sample chapters with just the chapter headings.

The master document includes the sub-documents of Chapter 1 and Chapter 2.

If you open up example.pdf, which is the compiled master document, you will notice the misalignment of the chapter headings in the table of contents.

I would appreciate any help on this. Thanks.

Well, you are getting exactly

Well, you are getting exactly what you asked for.  Notice how you have the [table of contents] encapsulated TeX field in a Centered environment.  This is what is centering the entries in your table of contents.  Change this (and the similar list of tables and list of figures) to Body Text.

tramrider's picture

Thank you. :)

Thank you. :)