use of import picture for Beamer class/style?

jsmeyer's picture

I cannot persuade the Beamer class to allow me to insert pictures. I was wondering if this is impossible, or, if not, how one goes about importing a picture.

Thanks for the help.

JS Meyer

pviton's picture

I've done this all the time,

I've done this all the time, using the regular File->Import Picture dialog and it works perfectly. I can't think what could be going wrong for you, but two possibilities, I suppose, are: you've managed to make the document read-only (unlikely); and possibly the graphics type you're trying to work with isn't supported in his context. Because Beamer documents are produced using pdflatex, I believe that (eg) eps isn't supported. Still, probably the best thing to do is to post in a zip file a small Beamer document and an image you're trying to insert, and we can see if we can figure it out. But in principle it should work.

jsmeyer's picture

Thanks for the suggestions.

Thanks for the suggestions. Alas, my file is not read only, nor is the file type eps...(I think it is JPEG--I can't recall at this moment for sure.)  I shall work at it this weekend until the frustration becomes unbearable, then follow your generous upload advice.

Thanks again

Jim Meyer