paragraphs in forum entries

pviton's picture

It seems that if you type in a forum entry with paragraphs, the results looks fine. (This posting is an example: it has 2 paragraphs).  But if you then try to edit the posting, all the paragraphs get run together; and more important, they're not restored when you try to save your edits. In other words, editing a post can render it essentially unreadable.

My recollection is that this is fairly new behavior. Would it be possible to see whether there's a software setting that prevents this from happening?

Thank you for your comments

Thank you for your comments and the report.  It does seem like new behavior and I am looking into the cause and the fix.

It seems that there is a problem in how the forum software supports the Rich Text Editor in the comments. In particular, there is a conflict between support for the Rich Text Editor and the Plain Text Editor.

You may notice some quirkiness as I experiment with suggested fixes over the next few days.  Please feel free to report oddities here or to me directly at Janelle.Frazer@mackichan.com.

As always, we appreciate your feedback and participation.

Regards,

Janelle Frazer
MacKichan Software, Inc.