New environment in frontmatter

tomprice's picture

I need to add a new environment (pubinfo as defined in a sty file) to the frontmatter of some documents. I must place this environment before the maketitle command. I modified the cst file to include

\newenvironment{pubinfo}{}{}

and

[pubinfo]
TAG_TYPE=FIELD
TAG_LEADIN=Publication Info:
TAG_BEHAVIOR=FRONTMATTER|NOSTRUCTURETAGS
LEADIN_BACKGROUND_COLOR=R:209 G:228 B:252 
LEADIN_FONT_FACE=Arial
LEADIN_FONT_WEIGHT=700
LEADIN_LABELSEP=4
LEADIN_LABELWIDTH=62
PARAGRAPH_INDENT_REST=48
PARAGRAPH_INDENT_RIGHT=-18

I lose the environment when I save my file. What more do I need to do?

You need to define the

You need to define the environment using \QTagDef in the .cst file to let SW know it is a front matter environment.  There are many examples, especially for the thesis type documents. 

tomprice's picture

Thanks, George. I tried

Thanks, George. I tried using \QTagDef in the .cst file in various ways. I was unable to get an environment using

\begin{myEnv}

some material

\end{myEnv}

About the best I have done is to generae the code

\begin{myEnv}

some material

all the items in the frontmatter before the \maketitle command are repeated.

There is not \end{myEnv} command.

Sorry, you're right, the

Sorry, you're right, the \QTagDef is used to add \macro{parameter} style macros to the front matter.

As far as I know, new environments cannot be added to the front matter.  I now remember this as something I've wanted but was never able to do.

tomprice's picture

The frontmatter handles the

The frontmatter handles the abstract environment. I was able to include two abstract environments in the front matter and use them in two ways. However, this resulted in dropping a macro when I save the file and reopen it. Does anyone know of a way to duplicate the way swp handles the abstract environment?

tomprice's picture

I was not able to get an

I was not able to get an environment in the frontmatter either. This is sad since I need to redefine maketitle to use additional information which the user must enter. I am trying to come up with a work around now.

Thanks for looking at this.

Tom

pviton's picture

Would a *command* help? If

Would a *command* help? If your PubInfo stuff is meant to be a short sentence or so, then maybe you could put it into a command, and then, in the style file, put the command's argument into an envronment. Putting a command into the frontmatter does seem possible, even with an argument. What you need is : in the FILTERS section of the sty file the QTagDef stuff from George; then in the body of the sty file, the behavior, with TAG_TYPE=FIELD and TAG_BEHAVIOR=FRONTMATTER.

tomprice's picture

Thanks for writing, Philip.

Thanks for writing, Philip. I added three commands to the frontmatter but I need a rather complicated environment that contains several paragraphs and lists. Actually, I think I can do this by having two abstract evnironments with different leadins, but I wonder why I am not able to define a second environment in the frontmatter with a different name. 

I followed your advice about using XeLaTeX. I use MiKTeX and all I had to do was change the PDF format settings.