bibTeX error but I remember how to fix it.

jsmeyer's picture

A year or so ago I had a problem with running BibTEX and you folks provided me with a solution, which I can no longer find. The problem arises when I try to run BibTEX using the attached files.  If I remember correctly  the solution suggested involved the swp0000Notes file, but I don't recall where or exactly what it should be. I had to change computers and my fix is not available to me any more? Can y'all suggest what is wrong? 

pax

Jim Meyer

AttachmentSize
cpii-27-april-2012.rap79.24 KB
cpii-2012e.bib29.34 KB
John MacKendrick's picture

The problem is related to the

The problem is related to the fact that you are using revtex4-1. When you compile, it will tell you that it can't find a file. The name of the file is probably something similar to swp0000Notes.bib. Use an ascii editor to create a short file with this name. It should only contain a % as the contents. Save it where you keep the rest of the *.bib files. Then,BbibTeX will look at that file and see that it has nothing in it and will proceed to the real *.bib file.

jsmeyer's picture

And thanks to you, John...I

And thanks to you, John...I just noticed you were the kind responder. My apologies for not noting this sooner.

pax

Jim Meyer

See Still having trouble with

See Still having trouble with BIBTeX and REVTeX 4-1 for further discussion of this issue.