line space for any paragraph?

hjay's picture

How to change line space for any two paragraphs or within one paragraph (different from the rest of the article)?

Why inserting a blank line (with Enter) won't create extra space?

tomprice's picture

Hello, Navigate to the

Hello,

Navigate to the MacKichan web page and do a search using "371" (no quotes). This will show you how to use the setspace package.

Extra lines have no effect on LaTeX forrmatting although SW and SWP inserts vertical space commands when you press enter two or more times. Normally, you should avoid this; sometimes this feature is used to add extra space for a hand written solution after a test or quiz problem.

Regards,

Tom

hjay's picture

Thanks, Tom. Also I would

Thanks, Tom.

Also I would like to adjust page margin for different pages. The shortcut I took was setting a smalled margin for all pages and for those pages that does not need to much space from top, I add some blank spaces. What would be the best way to do that? I currently add some blank Mathematical Display.

tomprice's picture

Hello, You may need to do a

Hello,

You may need to do a little research on this strategy.

I would use the \newgeometry command in the \geometry package; I think you will need to install the most recent version of this package from ctan. 

Tom

I don't have anything to add

I don't have anything to add to my previous reply on this topic:

This is nontrivial. See http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=chngmargonfly for the UKTUG FAQ response to this question. The chngpage package is often used. This package is not included with SW, so it would have to be downloaded and installed.