No Color Showing in TikZ Drawing

I am trying to draw some pictures using TikZ within Scientific Workplace. I have started by using simple examples, but I am having trouble getting colors to show. Here is a minimum working .tex document created by SWP:

\documentclass{article}
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
\usepackage{color}
\usepackage{xcolor}
\usepackage{tikz}

%TCIDATA{OutputFilter=LATEX.DLL}
%TCIDATA{Version=5.50.0.2960}
%TCIDATA{<META NAME="SaveForMode" CONTENT="1">}
%TCIDATA{BibliographyScheme=Manual}
%TCIDATA{Created=Saturday, September 24, 2011 20:57:10}
%TCIDATA{LastRevised=Monday, September 26, 2011 13:47:09}
%TCIDATA{<META NAME="GraphicsSave" CONTENT="32">}
%TCIDATA{<META NAME="DocumentShell" CONTENT="Standard LaTeX\Blank - Standard LaTeX Article">}
%TCIDATA{CSTFile=40 LaTeX article.cst}

\newtheorem{theorem}{Theorem}
\newtheorem{acknowledgement}[theorem]{Acknowledgement}
\newtheorem{algorithm}[theorem]{Algorithm}
\newtheorem{axiom}[theorem]{Axiom}
\newtheorem{case}[theorem]{Case}
\newtheorem{claim}[theorem]{Claim}
\newtheorem{conclusion}[theorem]{Conclusion}
\newtheorem{condition}[theorem]{Condition}
\newtheorem{conjecture}[theorem]{Conjecture}
\newtheorem{corollary}[theorem]{Corollary}
\newtheorem{criterion}[theorem]{Criterion}
\newtheorem{definition}[theorem]{Definition}
\newtheorem{example}[theorem]{Example}
\newtheorem{exercise}[theorem]{Exercise}
\newtheorem{lemma}[theorem]{Lemma}
\newtheorem{notation}[theorem]{Notation}
\newtheorem{problem}[theorem]{Problem}
\newtheorem{proposition}[theorem]{Proposition}
\newtheorem{remark}[theorem]{Remark}
\newtheorem{solution}[theorem]{Solution}
\newtheorem{summary}[theorem]{Summary}
\newenvironment{proof}[1][Proof]{\noindent\textbf{#1.} }{\ \rule{0.5em}{0.5em}}
\input{tcilatex}
\begin{document}

%TCIMACRO{%
%\TeXButton{Tikz Test}{\begin{tikzpicture}[scale=1.2]
%\draw [gray] (0,1) -- (2,1);
%\draw [red] (0, 0.5) -- (2,0.5);
%\draw [blue] (0,0) -- (2,0);
%\end{tikzpicture}}}%
%BeginExpansion
\begin{tikzpicture}[scale=1.2]
\draw [gray] (0,1) -- (2,1);
\draw [red] (0, 0.5) -- (2,0.5);
\draw [blue] (0,0) -- (2,0);
\end{tikzpicture}%
%EndExpansion

%TCIMACRO{%
%\TeXButton{Color Text}{\textcolor{red}{this shows in red correctly}}}%
%BeginExpansion
\textcolor{red}{this shows in red correctly}%
%EndExpansion

\end{document}
I know the system is generally capable of creating color, because the second bit of code properly creates red text.

I don't know if I'm using trutex, I believe I am using pdflatex to create the pdf.

Thank you in Advance.

Do you use Typeset, Compile

Do you use Typeset, Compile or Typeset, Compile PDF?

I don't think there is any hope to use Typeset, Compile to create a DVI using the TrueTeX Previewer.  The error I see is:

! Package pgfsys Error: Driver file ``pgfsys-tcidvi.def'' not found..

There isn't a pgf driver (pgf is used by tkiz) for the TrueTeX Previewer.  As far as I can tell, your sample compiled correctly for PDF.

Hello, I am using Typset

Hello,

I am using Typset > Compile PDF. The PDF compiles, but when I view it, there is no color. There are three lines, but they are all black. The text, however, comes out in red.

I am using Scientific Workplace 5.5, build 2960 on Windows 7.

I am using the same version

I am using the same version and get different results, so I don't know why.  Attached are the sample document I used (extracted from the message body you posted previously), the .log file that shows what packages were used during the compile (and other information), and the PDF results.

If you are seeing different results, then post your .log and .pdf files so they can be compared with my results.

Hello George, Thank you for

Hello George,

Thank you for your reply. I am still getting different results. I am attaching the .tex file (same one), .log file and .pdf file.

Thank you for you help.

On my system the pgf package

On my system the pgf package is coming from the directory TCITeX/tex/latex/contrib/pgf/ and identifies itself as pgfsys 2007/06/07 v1.18.

On your system the pgf package is coming from the directory TCITeX/tex/latex/contrib/custom/pgf/ and identifies itself as pgfsys 2010/06/30 v2.10.

There are newer versions of the pgf package available than what are used with SW.  The newer versions caused conflicts with other portions of the version of LaTeX that is being used, so we will not be updating past the currently included version.

If you have both directory structures, try deleting the custom directory structure.  You should then see the same results that I see.

Excellent. Worked like a

Excellent. Worked like a charm. I reverted to the older version of pgf, and it worked fine.

Thank you!

tomprice's picture

Hello, Please post a minimal

Hello,

Please post a minimal example. Are you formatting your document with truetex?

Tom

I have posted a minimal

I have posted a minimal example. I don't know what truetex is, but I am using Compile PDF to create a PDF. The PDF compiles, but the lines are not in color.