Grafics in a beamer presentation

mako's picture

The quality of a picture that I've inserted in the presentation is terrible. But the strange thing is that in the normal tex-document the picture looks fine. What's the problem?

tomprice's picture

Please post a short tex file

Please post a short tex file and a short presentation file that contain the graphic. In addition, post the graphic.

Tom

mako's picture

Now the quality is bad in the

Now the quality is bad in the short tex file, too. But it's ok in my normal tex file.

tomprice's picture

Please post the pdf page of

Please post the pdf page of the longer article that contains the better image. Are you using the same graphic settings in the longer file and the beamer file?

mako's picture

I am not sure whether the

I am not sure whether the graphic settings are the same but I didn't change anything.

tomprice's picture

The formatted images look

The formatted images look about the same to me. I think you are noticing a problem with the beamer file because of the zoom factor. Can you save or export the orginal graphic as a png file? I normally have more success with files of this type.

Tom

This PDF was created using

This PDF was created using Ghostscript, so I'm not sure why you posted it.  If you are not seeing the same quality in a PDF file you create using SW, then see the discussion at:  http://forum.mackichan.com/node/71

mako's picture

this pdf was created using

this pdf was created using sw, but for cutting out the one page out of the whole file I used another program

The graphics image in the

The graphics image in the .pdf and the .jpg look substantially the same to me when compared on screen.  You should be able to get the .jpg included directly if you follow the instructions in the thread I referenced in my previous reply.