Latex 2.09 vs 2e

Eugene Saletan's picture

I have some old documents that I am trying to typeset, and am told that I should convert them from 2.09 to 2e.  This has happened before, a long time ago, and I was able to do it.  But I've forgotten how and can find no instructions.  How do I do it? 

The most straightforward way

The most straightforward way to convert LaTeX 2.09 documents to LaTeX 2e documents is to start a new document in a recent version
of SW, remove the sample contents, choose File, Import Document, select the existing LaTeX 2.09 document, and click OK.

The front matter items must also be added to the new document. This can be done by choosing Typeset, Front Matter, and entering the Front Matter text appropriately. You should also be able to move the front matter items by copying them from the old document and pasting them into the new document. Only when you are moving between incompatible document types which use different front matter elements should you run into trouble copying the front matter. An example is copying the front matter from a thesis document into an article, since the thesis documents can often define objects that do not exist in articles.

See http://www.mackichan.com/techtalk/659.htm for some discussion.

Eugene Saletan's picture

Thanks.

Thanks.