marginnote installation

bjorn's picture

Hello!

I have reinstalled my computer, with win 7, and use some extra packages, and got problems with marginnote. The error message is trying to preview my document is:

package marginnote error: seems you are not running e-tex

This happens even if I run truetex on marginnote.ins. Anyone knows what to do?

Bjørn

You will either have to use

You will either have to use an older version of marginnote that doesn't require e-TeX, or install a new LaTeX distribution, like TeX Live 2010, that uses e-TeX.

bjorn's picture

Thanks! Is it straightforward

Thanks!

Is it straightforward to install the new Tex live package with swp , or should I rather search for an older version.

In the first case, do you have any instructions? Think I did such a thing, long time ago.

There are some general

There are some general instructions included in the article:  http://www.mackichan.com/techtalk/743.htm.

tomprice's picture

Hello, I have used SWP with

Hello,

I have used SWP with other formatting systems such as Texlive. I think installing an earlier version of marginnote is the easiest way to accomplish what you want.

Tom Price

bjorn's picture

Thanks both! I asked the

Thanks both!

I asked the developer, David Kolm, and he didn't have have earlier versions.

If anyone have it installed, can you send it to me, bjorn.sandvik@econ.uib.no, otherwise i have to try the other (narrower) path.

Bjørn

bjorn's picture

Thanks both! I asked the

Thanks both!

I asked the developer, David Kolm, and he didn't have have earlier versions.

If anyone have it installed, can you send it to me, bjorn.sandvik@econ.uib.no, otherwise i have to try the other (narrower) path.

Bjørn

bjorn's picture

Problem solved, got older

Problem solved, got older version via texhax mailing list.

Bjørn