Table in SW

Andie's picture

Hello

I am new to Scientific Word and I'm trying to insert a table.  I managed to insert the table and type in the rows/columns, but when I click on 'Typeset PDF preview' , the table doesn't fit into the pdf file, half of it is cropped. In the ' Table Properties' when I right click on the table, 'Use Automatic Width' is selected as 'Column Width' , I thought this would fit the table automatically into the pdf file... What am I doing wrong please?? Thanks! 

tomprice's picture

Hello, Have you read the

Hello,

Have you read the instructions (Help files) for inserting tables? If not, you should read those instructions. If you have reviewed these instructions, then please attach a minimal example--a file containing only the table with which you are working and the surrounding text--to a reply to this post.

Regards,

Tom Price

Andie's picture

Thank you very much for your

Thank you very much for your quick reply! I managed by using the 'Help'

Now I'm having trouble with labelling the table.. Is there an easy way to do it like there is for figures please?? Thank you.

tomprice's picture

Hello, By labeling the table

Hello,

By labeling the table do you mean including a caption? If so, go to help again and do a search on the word "tables". Then locate and click on the phrase "tables that float" in the third box. ( I am using SWP 5.5.) Click OK and follow the instructions.

Tom Price

Andie's picture

I managed! Thank you so

I managed! Thank you so much!!