New section, new page

LMolina's picture

Hello all,

I hope you can help me with the following:

How can i start a new section in a new page?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

LM

tomprice's picture

Hello, Probably the easiest

Hello,

Probably the easiest way to do this is to place the insertion point at the end of your current section and then navigate to Insert > Spacing > Break. This opens the "Break" dialog; click Newpage. Press Enter and then enter your next sectioning command. When you have invisibles turned on from the View menu, the  program shows forced page break symbol (a small green rectangle). You will not see a new page on your screen but your typeset document will format with sections beginning on a new page. 

For more information, Do a search on "Break" in the Scientific WorkPlace (Word) Help dialog.

You will need to do this at the end of every section (except, possibly, the last) to accomplish what you want. There is a way to automate this process if you have many documents using this format or if your current document is long. Let me know if you would like to do this.

Regards,

Tom Price

LMolina's picture

Thank you, what you have told

Thank you, what you have told me is what i needed!

Regards!

Paolina

Article typesetting

Article typesetting specifications normally continue the next section on the same page.  Report and book typesetting specifications have available the chapter heading and it typically starts chapter headings on new pages, and for books the default is to start on odd page numbers.

You may want to consider using a report or book typesetting specification for your next similar document with chapter headings.  It may be a better fit for your needs and you can then avoid the need to manually add page breaks.