Opening SWP 6.0.29

docutler's picture

I'm using a Mac Pro (Late 2013) running mac OS High sierra 10.13.6.

I have installed SWP 6.0.29. (Actually I have uninstalled earlier versions, restarted installed 6.0.29, uninstalled this, restarted and installed again) When I open SWP I see nothing. If I select new file and choose New Document, -Standard_LaTeX, Blank_LaTeX_Article, I then see the Standard LATEX Article document I expected when I opened SWP. If I then again choose New Document I see the New Document I ask for before. I'm not sure what is going on? This may be my system, but I'm not having problems else where. When I first opened SWP it opened as expected. This began to happen later.

docutler's picture

The first time I installed

The first time I installed 6.0.29 O received the message that this software was not optimized for your system or something like that.

docutler's picture

It seems that Apple does not

It seems that Apple does not support old equipment. I've resolved most of my issues by upgrading to the Apple Magic Mouse 2. With the old Magic Mouse, if I choose the option to bring up a menu when I right click, I could not find a way to bring up a menu. For example with a displayed equation if I wanted to change values, right clicking did nothing. If I turned this off and chose Control click I could get to the menu. If I opened SWP6 and clicked the Icon again the Standard Latex article would show up on the screen. The first time I opened SWP 6.0.29 with the Magic Mouse 2 all was well. Now I still need to click the Icon again when I first open SWP to get the Standard Latex Article to show on the screen. Hope this is helpful.

docutler's picture

It seems that Apple does not

It seems that Apple does not support old equipment. I've resolved most of my issues by upgrading to the Apple Magic Mouse 2. With the old Magic Mouse, if I choose the option to bring up a menu when I right click, I could not find a way to bring up a menu. For example with a displayed equation if I wanted to change values, right clicking did nothing. If I turned this off and chose Control click I could get to the menu. If I opened SWP6 and clicked the Icon again the Standard Latex article would show up on the screen. The first time I opened SWP 6.0.29 with the Magic Mouse 2 all was well. Now I still need to click the Icon again when I first open SWP to get the Standard Latex Article to show on the screen. Hope this is helpful.

jm's picture

My guess is that this message

My guess is that this message is because SWP 6 is not a 64-bit program. See Topic "SWP 6: 64-bit version?"