Are "find and replace...", "find again", or "find previous" supposed to do anything?

SJRubenstein's picture

No doubt, I'm making a wrong assumption somewhere, but how hard can it be to get a "find" command to work?

pviton's picture

Well, with 6.0.27 in Win7 I

Well, with 6.0.27 in Win7 I got Find/Find Next to work just fine.

HOWEVER, in the std latex article I brought up the find/replace dialog (ctrl+F). In the upper box I entered "document" (without the quotes, of course) and in the lower one I entered "Document". No other changes (so that only Wrap Around was checked). I then hit Replace All. The outcome was that all instances of "document" were deleted and not replaced by anything.

Of course I could get back the original text by repeatedly pressing ctrl+Z; but still, this seems like a very serious --- not to mention elementary --- bug.

There may be an issue with the Replace box. It looks to me as if, though the cursor starts in the top-left of the box, when you type something in, it appears a couple of lines down and indented a bit. Maybe this is what's messing up the Replace function?

SJRubenstein's picture

This is 6.0.27 in Windows

This is 6.0.27 in Windows 10.
It turns out the problem is in "Source" view. (Normal seems fine.) But in Source view, it won't bring up the Find and Replace dialog box period.

SJRubenstein's picture

This is 6.0.27 in Windows

This is 6.0.27 in Windows 10.
It turns out the problem is in "Source" view. (Normal seems fine.) But in Source view, it won't bring up the Find and Replace dialog box period.