Switching Between Normal and Source View in 6.0.27

rjr1049's picture

I am using 6.0.27 on a Mac running High Sierra and I consistently see the program crash if I switch more than once in a session between Normal and Source views. If I make more than one correction, the screen often turns completely white with no characters visible. The next correction I make crashes the program. I often need to close down the program after making one correction in Source view to avoid the crashes.

jm's picture

I too am using 6.0.27 on a

I too am using 6.0.27 on a Mac running High Sierra. But I have not been able to reproduce this program crash despite making many corrections in Source view and switching back and forth between Normal and Source views.

Can you post a specific key sequence that results in the crash on your setup?

rjr1049's picture

I was unable to remove bold

I was unable to remove bold formatting in normal view so I switched to the source view to remove the characters and around the text. If I do it once it is OK but do it more than that and the screen goes white and/or the program crashes.

There have been examples of

There have been examples of this problem that have previously been sent to support.  As far as I know, the problem is document specific.  I have not heard what might be causing the problem.  Post or send the document as another example of the problem so the development team can use it to look for the cause.

jm's picture

I still cannot reproduce your

I still cannot reproduce your problem. In the attached file, if I go from normal to source view and back again, each time deleting the bold formatting characters of one of the bold words in source view (so going between normal and source view 3 times, each time deleting the bold formatting characters for one word), it all works as it should, with no white screen or program crash.

Can you post a specific .sci file in which your problem occurs?