Thesis document shells

Giorgos's picture

SW 6.0.27 on Windows 10

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.
-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

Are they any thesis document shells? The only one that appears is the dummy... As far as I know, there were a few thesis shells in the previous SW versions. How can we import new document shells in SW 6?

Giorgos's picture

I just realized that the .cls

I just realized that the .cls files are properly located in C:\texlive\texmf-local\tex\latex\TCItex\SWmisc, but unfortunately the various shells do not appear as options when choosing the thesis shell in SW 6 (except from the dummy one). How can this problem be fixed?

pviton's picture

You might try just importing

You might try just importing the swp5 shell into swp6 and see what happens. But I don't hold out too much hope.

As I understand it, the essential problem is that swp5 shells are latex documents, while swp6 shells are xhtml documents, with separate instructions to translate xhtml constructs to latex (that's what happens when you export-to-Tex in swp6). To the best of my knowledge, there is no documentation on how swp6 users might implement/tweak this setup to accommodate their own files.

Another approach might be to see if an existing document meets your needs for everything but the front-matter (title page with all the signatures, etc). It would I think be fairly simple to create a tex file containing just the front matter (the swp5 shell could be used), which could be used to create a pdf file; and then this could be merged with a pdf file of the rest of the thesis. But this may be more trouble than it's worth, and you might well feel that if swp5 meets your needs here, then why not stick with it.

Giorgos's picture

Thanks a lot for your help! I

Thanks a lot for your help! I will check it out...