SWP 6.0.27 Compute > Definitions bug

jm's picture

Many thanks for posting release 6.0.27 of SWP. I haven't had time to do much with it yet but have noticed the following running the program on a MacBook running macOS Sierra 10.12.6.

In a new document, I typed the math entry x=1, placed the cursor next to the = and selected Compute > Definitions > New definition. Then, when I selected Compute > Definitions > Show definitions, nothing appeared in the Current definitions box.

I did not encounter this problem with SWP 6.0.26, in which Compute > Definitions worked as I expected (on the same machine running the same OS).

Is this specific to my setup? Or a general bug in SWP 6.0.27? If the latter, it is a major backwards step that makes many of the Compute capabilities unusable.

Looks like this is specific

Looks like this is specific to the macOS version.  I will notify the development team of this problem.

jm's picture

Thanks for getting back to me

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

The problem with Definitions seems to be just with the definitions not appearing in the Current Definitions window. If I define x=2 and then use Compute > Evaluate numeric to evaluate 1/x, I get the correct answer x=0.5. So the definition is obviously saved somewhere.

But I now think the problem is a more general one with windows that open up. When I plot something and double-click on the plot to open the "Graph user settings" dialog, the "Expression to be plotted" window is empty even though the plot appears correct.

Yes, the problem is macOS

Yes, the problem is macOS specific.  I'm going to guess that the math display of the two problems is related, but I'll leave it to the development team to figure this out for sure.

Thanks for the report.