SWP 6.0.25 Paragraph Bug

jm's picture

There is a really major new bug in SWP 6.0.25 that I have not encountered in previous versions of SWP 6.

When I use the Enter key to start a new paragraph with the cursor in the middle or at the end of a paragraph, the new paragraph is entered at the BEGINNING of the paragraph with the cursor in it, not at the cursor point.

Similarly, when I paste text with the cursor point in the middle of a paragraph, the text appears at the BEGINNING of the paragraph.

The attached file illustrates the result of opening a new Standard_LaTeX_Article document in SWP 6.0.25, placing the cursor after "features." in the second paragraph and pressing the Enter key. I then copied "class base file" in the final paragraph and pasted it into the previous paragraph with the cursor after "beginning". The inserted text appears at the BEGINNING of the second paragraph despite the cursor point appearing elsewhere.

This is a really major stumbling block to using SWP 6.0.25 to edit a document, so I think I shall have to revert to a previous version.

AttachmentSize
SWP6025ParagraphBug.sci119.62 KB
Barry MacKichan's picture

I see. I'm not sure how that

I see. I'm not sure how that happened but we will fix it ASAP.

Barry MacKichan's picture

I've fixed it. We are

I've fixed it. We are considering now what to do about distributing it.

jm's picture

Thank you for releasing so

Thank you for releasing so quickly a new version to fix this bug.