Strange math ctrl-z

texab's picture

28/2.66≈10.526 in math

mark 52 and delete. Do CTRL-Z. The cursor ends up before ≈. Expected is to return to 52 marked

texab's picture

In 6.0.19 it is not possible

In 6.0.19 it is not possible to mark 52

pviton's picture

In 6.0.19 under MS Win, this

In 6.0.19 under MS Win, this works for me. I can select and delete the "52" part and restore it via ctrl+z. When I restore it, the "52" is selected, as I think it probably should be. ("mark" means "select", right?)

texab's picture

Yes mark=select though I

Yes mark=select though I prefer mark

Just tested starting with a blank SWP:

1) In text mode 28/2.66≈10.526. Marked and changed expression to math. Marked 52 (when in math). Deleted. CTRL-z returned 52 but not marked.

2) Changed to math. Copied 28/2.66≈10.526 between the brackets. Can not mark 52. May mark whole expression

In both cases I copied the expression 28/2.66≈10.526 and then pasted it into the blank page

pviton's picture

I copied your equation from

I copied your equation from (2) and pasted it into the end of a line in the std latex article. I then used ctrl+M to convert it to math. I can select the "52" and delete it. Ctrl+Z restores it, though after the restore the I-beam cursor has disappeared. It will re-appear when you click somewhere on the document. Same behavior relative to the Blank Latex article.

Are we using the same OS? I'm on Win7.

texab's picture

This video explains