SWP5.5 and Windows 10

rtlines's picture

Has anyone succeeded in getting SWP5.5 to work under Windows 10?

jmcushing's picture

I had no problem installing

I had no problem installing and creating documents with SWP5.5. But a recent problem has occurred with typesetting. The dvi compiler produces only blank pages. I reinstalled SWP5.5 and typesetting worked ... yeah! .. until I shutdown and started up again the next day. Typesetting didn't work again.

So now, I have to reinstall SWP5.5 everyday, if I want to typeset a document (a nuisance, to say the least).

jmcushing's picture

I had no problem installing

I had no problem installing and creating documents with SWP5.5. But a recent problem has occurred with typesetting. The dvi compiler produces only blank pages. I reinstalled SWP5.5 and typesetting worked ... yeah! .. until I shutdown and started up again the next day. Typesetting didn't work again.

So now, I have to reinstall SWP5.5 everyday, if I want to typeset a document (a nuisance, to say the least).

Yes.  I installed on a new

Yes.  I installed on a new Dell without any difficulty.  Some people have had the TrueTeX portion of the install hang.  This is probably caused by virus checking preventing the launch of the TrueTeX installer.  Rebooting into safe mode and then installing has been a successful way to avoid the problem.  See http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/start-computer-safe-mode for a Microsoft page to help starting in safe mode.

rtlines's picture

Thank you, this got me

Thank you, this got me farther. But none of the truetype fonts installed. I got an error for every font. Is there a way for me to manually install the fonts? Or is there a setting that I have missed that would allow SWP to complete the installation?

rtlines's picture

I found the fonts on the

I found the fonts on the disk! I manually installed them and now can compile just fine. Thanks every so much for the help!