defining expression for automatic substitution

paweljs's picture

Despite some inprovments in new version I still have problem in defining say the following expression in math mode \allowbreak = \allowbreak.
For one thing I cannot put \allowbreak in the box when one defines expression for substitution.
Hence I have typed this sequence and tried to select it. I can select only equality sign. Using the right button mouse menu I can select \allowbreak = \allowbreak plus change line sign that follows my sequence. Other word I cannot select just \allowbreak = \allowbreak only:-(

My experience is different. 

My experience is different.  I was able to create an automatic substitution as you describe.  The problem I see is the the automatic substitution dialog doesn't show invisibles.  So, I created the automatic substituiton without seeing the \allowbreak characters, but when I used the automatic substituion in the body of the document with invisibles on, they were displayed.  You do have to turn on invisibles to see the \allowbreak in the body of the document.

paweljs's picture

I still cannot define

I still cannot define automatic substitution for \allowbreak=\allowbreak in math mode. Following Your advice in the dialog box I have inserted \allowbereak sign then = and then \allowbreak. Saved and wanted to reproduce it by typing may name in math mode. All I have reproduced was 1 \allowbreak:-(

Barry MacKichan's picture

We will fix the lack of

We will fix the lack of "invisibles" in the auto substitute dialog. In the meantime, a convenient workaround is to write the substitute pattern in the main document window and copy and paste it into the auto substitute dialog window. Doing this I was able to do what you were trying to do, but one of my programmers saw it fail, and then when he did it again it succeeded.

Clearly we need to do some  work here, but I don't know exactly what the problem is or how will fix it. We will fix it however.

—Barry

paweljs's picture

Well in the new version still

Well in the new version still invisibles are not visible i automatic substitution box:-( Consequently I still cannot define the sequence \allowbreak = \allowbreak and name it as eqn in math mode

paweljs's picture

Well in the new version still

Well in the new version still invisibles are not visible i automatic substitution box:-( Consequently I still cannot define the sequence \allowbreak = \allowbreak and name it as eqn in math mode

paweljs's picture

I tried it and described it

I tried it and described it in the first note. Other words I cannot select \allowbreak=\allowbreak Either only = is selected or \allowbreak=\allowbreak plus the following change caret sign:-(
Other words I cannot select just these three signs together