QED box symbol at end of proof location when typesetting

Hello

Thanks for any help that you may offer:

How does one control the location and appearance of the end of proof (QED) box when the document typesets?

In mine, it almost always appears on a new line or over the page and wastes lots of space.

I want it to the right-hand side and on the same last line as the end of the proof if possible.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

xerenus's picture

This does not appear in the

This does not appear in the Typeset -> Options and Packages menu because it is not one of the built-in packages.

If you want to carry on using the proprietary TrueTex system that comes with SW5.5, it might work with the ntheorem package which will need to downloaded

https://www.ctan.org/pkg/ntheorem

and installed into the appropriate locations within the TCITex directory. This is not something I have tried personally but it might work. In any case, you can have a look at the package documentation to see if it does what you want.

What I did some years ago was to install MikTeX (available for free) and set SW5.5 up as front end per the instructions given on the following web page:

http://home.datacomm.ch/paulsoderlind/Software/Software.html

It involves some reconfiguration of SW5.5 but is well worth the effort. MikTeX comes with a comprehensive package library which, I think, already includes ntheorem. Otherwise, once set up, MikTeX will install any missing packages needed to compile a particular document on the fly either automatically or after asking for permission.

Whichever setup is used, you will need to add

\usepackage[...]{ntheorem}

to the document preamble where the brackets [...] contain the options for the ntheorem package.

I hope this helps.

xerenus's picture

The ntheorem latex package

The ntheorem latex package solved this problem for me. It works with SW5.5 + MikTeX. I haven't tried using it with SW6.

Hi there. Many thanks. I

Hi there. Many thanks.

I can't find that package in Typeset, Options and Packages, Add Packages.

Is there a way of getting it?

Thanks again

Hi there. Many thanks. I

Hi there. Many thanks.

I can't find that package in Typeset, Options and Packages, Add Packages.

Is there a way of getting it?

Thanks again