SWP 6.0.12 Math Editing Bugs

jm's picture

In SWP 6.0.12 (as in previous releases), selecting, copying, cutting and pasting math expressions is very hit and miss. I attach a file containing some of my observations.

These operations usually seem to work correctly if the math expression has regular text before and after it and some of that regular text is included in the selection. But obviously that is not possible when the math is in a displayed equation. And when the selection does not include regular text before and after the math, I am never sure what I am going to end up with.

The attached file gives some examples. Everything in it was produced from scratch in SWP 6.0.12 starting with the Blank_LaTeX_Article shell on a Mac running OS X El Capitan 10.11.3.

Are you able to reproduce these bugs? I would really like to know because I have reported them before but have received no response to indicate whether you can reproduce them from what I have reported or whether I need to spend more time trying to pin down exactly what actions generate the problems.

The lack of response to postings is one of the most frustrating things about reporting problems on this forum. It is a serious deterrent to taking the time to do so.

AttachmentSize
SWP6012EditingBugs.sci128.66 KB
texab's picture

I was able to reproduce

I was able to reproduce Example 1. Example 2 gave me a XUL runner problem and SWP closed. Example 3 was reproduced.