Thank you for prompt release of SWP6.09

jsmeyer's picture

A huge Thank You for your prompt release of SWP6.09--just in time for me to use (I hope--have not tried it yet) for final exams. It sounds like you fixed a lot of unhappy behaviors!
Pax
Jim Meyer

JP's picture

Hi Jim, I have tried to run

Hi Jim,
I have tried to run the SW version of the 6.09 installer on Win8.1 but it hangs and doesn't display the splash screen. I just wondered if you tried to install SWP6.09 and did the installer run successfully?

Cheers,
John.

jsmeyer's picture

While the installer worked

While the installer worked well with Windows 7, John, I had the same problems with Windows 10 that you did with Windows 8.1
The task manager was unable to detect the installer running even though the little blue annulus was happily displayed...nothing else was happening. Back to the drawing board.
Pax
Jim Meyer

JP's picture

Yes, Jim, My experience with

Yes, Jim,
My experience with the installer for V6.09 on W8.1 is the same as you describe, very boring. Kylie Minogue's rendition of "spinning around" is much more entertaining.

George,
Can you comment on the stability/useability of the V6.09 installer on W8.1 and W10.

Cheers,
John

jsmeyer's picture

I hope George will be able to

I hope George will be able to fix the installer...I prefer the Win 10 to the Win 7 machine!!!!! And you are correct;
"spinning around" does have a panache'.
Pax
Jim Meyer

I can only guess that you are

I can only guess that you are getting a false positive with your virus checker.  This would most likely be caused by the newness of the version.  As the file is downloaded, the virus checking programs seem to figure things out.  I did see a false positive with the virus checker I use at home, but not at work (using the same file but different anti-virus programs).

Try turing off the virus checker before installing and see if that helps.  There's nothing to change in the installer itself.