Beamer templates and SWP6.06

jsmeyer's picture

I would like to add several of the Beamer styles to SWP6.06. How can I do this? That is, where do I find them? where do I save them?
Thanks.
Pax
Jim Meyer

The general answer is that

The general answer is that any additional typesetting specification files need to be located in some directory that is searched by LaTeX, and the file name database needs to be updated so those files can be found by LaTeX.

Specifically, it depends on if you are using Windows or OS X, and the LaTeX installation you are using.

If using Windows and the default installation provided, then the additional typesetting specification files added by SW are located in the directory C:\texlive\texmf-local\tex\latex\TCItex and below.  You could add them to one of these directories or create a new directory.  Then, to update the file name database, start the TeX Live Manager from the TeX Live 2015 group from the Start Menu and in the Manager use the Actions menu and the menu item Update filename database.

On OS X, the additional typesetting specification files are located at /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/tex/latex/TCItex.  The texhash program would then need to be run in a terminal window to update the file name database.  Alternatively, according to the MacTeX FAQ, LaTeX will find any file in ~/Library/texmf/tex/latex or any subfolder without needing to use texhash to update the file name database.