Properties of Section Title

jm's picture

With 6.0.5, when I right-click on a section title, choose Properties and then choose Properties of section title, the dialog box that opens is the Paragraph Properties dialog box, not the Section Title dialog box.

I am sure I used to be able to open the Section Title dialog box in this way with earlier versions of SWP 6.

Is this a bug in 6.0.5? Or is there another way to open the Section Title dialog box?

I'm not seeing this.  I tried

I'm not seeing this.  I tried using the Standard_LaTeX_Article shell and the "Standard LaTeX Article" section in this document.  Try using a document started from this shell and see if you see a difference from the document you are using.  If you are seeing different behavior with your document than with the Standard LaTeX Article document, then either post or send to support@mackichan.com your document and we can investigate further.

jm's picture

Apologies if I have caused

Apologies if I have caused some confusion.

I get exactly the same behaviour with the Standard_LaTeX_Article shell and the "Standard LaTeX Article" section in that document.

I have, however, been assuming that Properties of sectiontitle would involve something different from Properties of bodyText and was surprised that they both opened the same dialog box. But, following pviton's comment, I am now unsure whether there is intended to be any difference between Properties of section title and Properties of bodyText. Is there?

pviton's picture

I have the same problem as jm

I have the same problem as jm (SWP 6.05/Windows). Put the cursor in the section title of the Std Latex Article, right-click, choose Properties. You have a choice of three items: character, sectiontitle and section. If I choose sectiontitle, I also get the Paragraph Properties dialog.

On the other hand, it's possible, depending on what jm is trying to do, that "section" is the properties he wants. It's this dialog that controls whether the section is numbered, and allows you to set a short title for the section