Creating PDF Files in 6.05 in OS X

rjr1049's picture

I have installed 6.05 and the Ghostscript files on a Mac with OS X 10.10.5. Everything installed normally. I imported a tex file that was created previously in Sciword and saved it. I then went to create the pdf file using pdf preview and a terminal window comes up with the error message that the file pdflatex cannot be found. So it seems I can't create usable pdf files. Thanks in advance for the help.

wdziuda's picture

I had the same issue. Here

I had the same issue. Here are the instructions I received from MacKichan and they worked:
The message indicates that the TeX Live installation failed for some reason.

Here are the steps to install TeX Live first and then SW without the TeX Live install:

Please disable any antivirus software. Note that if you are behind a firewall, this will cause problems with installing TeXLive.

1. For Windows, visit http://tug.org/texlive/acquire-netinstall.html. On that page, click the link to install-tl-windows.exe to download the install file.

For Mac, visit http://tug.org/mactex/mactex-download.html. Click the link to MacTeX.pkg to download this install file.

2. When the download is complete, double-click to start the install. Follow the default installation instructions. Wait until the installation is complete, which may take an hour or more.

3. Start the SW/SWP installation. Be sure to use the current installer from our Downloads page.

4. On the Select Components dialog turn off "TeX Live Network Install"

5. For Windows: On the TeX Installation Directory change the selected default from C:\texlive\2015msi to c:\texlive\2015\. That is, delete "msi" from the end of the default suggested directory so it matches the actual TeXLive installation directory.

For Mac: On the TeX Installation Directory change the selected default from /usr/local/texlive/2015msi to /usr/local/texlive/2015. That is, delete "msi" from the end of the default suggested directory so it matches the actual TeXLive installation directory.

6. Use the default selections for the remaining dialogs. Wait for the installation to complete. Be sure to Activate to enable full functionality.