new bugs

SAC's picture

Hello

Here a new bug in version 6.01.

Steps

1. New document. For example American Chemical Society Article
2. File -> Export Tex. In the tex file appear \input{tcilatex} . Why ?? This file is not portable latex.
3. Open with a text editor (I use Notepad ++)
4. Delete \input{tcilatex}
5. In SWV.6.1, File -> Import Tex (the file above). The file is not imported, although it was created with SWP.
attached a screenshot.

Sergio

AttachmentSize
bug.jpg133.04 KB
SAC's picture

Now I can successfully import

Now I can successfully import this file correctly latex. Thanks.

Some suggestions and/or problems. I use Windows 8.1 with Miktex 2.9

1. Why in the sidebar you can not delete the symbols? Initially the symbols are eliminated, but when opening and closing the SW, deleted symbols appear again, in addition to the user-entered. In other words, first I remove the symbols that I do not use, and I put the ones I use. Close the file, reopen and in the panel appear again the deleted symbols. The program does not remember the selection of the symbols.

2. I think, at least for me, it would be very useful to the user-defined symbols appear in the Symbols Toolbar (in addition to the sidebar).

3. There are aleatory problems with PDF files. If I select Tools -> Preferences->Typesetting -> Expert -> Use the default program for viewing PDF files the file compiles ok, but the PDF file does not appear. If I select Use current PDF plugin I have the same problem.

regards

1. This didn't make it into

1. This didn't make it into 6.0.2, but will be fixed in 6.0.3.

2. I thought I saw this once, but maybe not.  I'll add this as a feature request.

3. This implies to me that the PDF file actually wasn't created, so there isn't a PDF for previewing, neither using the plugin nor default program.  Look at View, TeX Log to see if the compile completed and created a PDF file.

The \input{tcilatex} line has

The \input{tcilatex} line has been removed from shells that are not otherwise dependent on typesetting specification files available only with SW.

Please try 6.0.2 to import the document.  It's hard to tell for sure from the screen capture, but I believe this is an area of the program that was changed to solve some import problems.  If you continue to have import problems, either post the .tex file or send it to support.

I'm not sure how the

I'm not sure how the "\input{tcilatex}" got in the V6 shells, and I created the shells.  I'll see about updating the shells to remove this for a future release.

You can remove "\input{tcilatex}" from your document by using Typeset, Preamble and deleting the line.

I am not able to reproduce the import problem you report.  Maybe some other change happened by mistake when you edited the .tex file directly.

SAC's picture

Hi I deleted the

Hi

I deleted the "\input{tcilatex}" in the preamble, but continues the problems. I decided to uninstall and reinstall. So, again, the same problema. Now it seems that there are problems when the file is saved, see the attachment.

News steps

1. New document. American Chemical Society Article
2. Delete \input{tcilatex}
2. Save with a new name.
3. Write some tex
4. Preview pdf OK
5. File -> Export Tex.
3. Open with a text editor (I use Notepad ++). Also open with SW5.5 and it is OK
5. In SWV.6.1, File -> Import Tex (the file above). The file is not imported, although it was created with SWP.
attached a pdf file with the screenshots.
6. Save the file again and a window appears with the following error Saving file failed.
7. From that moment I can not save the file. I am extremely frustrated

Sergio