from the readable to the raw LaTEX ?

jsmeyer's picture

I would like to read the raw LaTEX file (text and laTEX commands.) I want to be able to copy this into KNITR. Is this possible, and if so, how?
Thanks in advance.
Jim Meyer

pviton's picture

Not sure I understand. When

Not sure I understand. When you save an SWP document, what's saved IS the "raw latex" file. So you can now copy it into anything you like.

If you're asking: within SWP can I do something that would put the raw latex of the document I'm now working on onto the clipboard (for later pasting), then I think the answer is No. The reason is that internally, SWP uses some of its own constructs, eg for tables, which are not pure latex.

Jim Meyer sent an email reply

Jim Meyer sent an email reply to the forum message notification.  This goes only to the forum moderators and not to the forum itself.  Here is what John wrote:

Thank you.  I had wanted to have the LaTeX just as I would write it from scratch with no front end help.  So I believe you are saying no. 
Thank you. 
Pax
Jim Meyer

You can always add correct LaTeX commands via a TeX field.  If there are errors in the LaTeX, there is the danger that SW will not be able to reopen the document.