Title of figures are not centered when imported

marvin2jh's picture

Hello. I made a figure (eps.file or pdf.file) consisting of 2 by 2 panels and each panel has a title that is centered. But when the eps figure is imported or pdf figure is added using Tex field, the titles go left, some of tiles run from outside figure frames.
But when I use normal latex, this problem does not happen. So please let me know how to fix the problem.

tomprice's picture

Please post a minimal working

Please post a minimal working example.

tomprice's picture

Please post a minimal working

Please post a minimal working example.

marvin2jh's picture

Here are the tex file, eps

Here are the tex file, eps file and outcome. Thank you very much!

tomprice's picture

I think I see the problem but

I think I see the problem but I do not know what to do about it. I will think about it more later. Perhaps someone else can offer a suggestion. How did you create your graphic? Can you use a pdf graphic instead?

marvin2jh's picture

Yes, I found that converting

Yes, I found that converting the figure made in STATA into pdf file works. But when I include the texfield saying \includegraphics{C:/sw55/Docs/figure1_20141214.pdf}, automatically "Figure 1:" appears. Could you let me know how to modify or delete it?

marvin2jh's picture

Specifically, I would like to

Specifically, I would like to change Figure 1: to Notes:

tomprice's picture

Open the graphics dialog and

Open the graphics dialog and navigate to the Layout tab. Change "floating" to "displayed" and center Notes: above the figure. Is this what you want?

marvin2jh's picture

I changed Figure (default) to

I changed Figure (default) to Note. But the numbering still appears. So the label and caption of the first figure start with Notes 1: ~ and those of the second figure start with Notes 2:.
So I would like to get rid of the numbers 1, 2. Please let me know it. Thank you very much.

tomprice's picture

This changes the figure

This changes the figure leadin for all figures, which is not a problem if this is what you want.

You can adjust the size by using scaling if you are using the figure dialog. Otherwise, use
\includegraphics[scale=.25]{...

marvin2jh's picture

I figured out how to do it.

I figured out how to do it. But still working on adjusting the size of figure. But I cannot find it. Please help me out.