Wrapfig

Hi there.

I am using the Bulletin of the AMS template and cannot get ANY encapsulated tex to work. The Typeset DVI Preview fails to complete and delivers various error messages. I have read the wrapfig documentation, added the package, copied the appropriate encapsulated text and all to no avail. I cannot manage my figures other than the three default choices offered which are too limiting.

Will a later version allow drag and place and then the compiler figures out commands? The program is good but graphics placement management sucks..

Thanks for anyone who takes the time to help me.

Regards

Phil

pviton's picture

I don't know about the AMS

I don't know about the AMS template, but I've got wrapfigure to work as follows:

1. In the preamble: add the package

2. When you want to use the wrapfig facility:

a. before your figure: enter an encapsulated TeX field whose contents are:

\begin{wrapfigure}{r}{2in}

(adjust the parameters to suit, of course)

b. now do Import->Picture to place your figure. I'm pretty sure you need to set its Layout property to be inline: this may not be the default.

3. after the figure, insert another encapsulated TeX field, contents:

\end{wrapfigure}

Remember, wrapfig may not work correctly in a list. If this doesn't work in the AMS template, try it in the Std Latex Article to see if the problem is with the AMS setup or not.

Hi there. Thank you. I will

Hi there.

Thank you. I will do a little more study to make your assistance more helpful. However it failed to work under any circumstances. I added wrapfig via the Add package command, not the preamble though as I am not familiar with it and the help files warn you off from messing with it unless you are an "expert". I certainly added the encapsulated tex files but t never runs the dvi output.

*Anyhow* just then, then I changed the placement to "inline" and it works both in standard and AMS layout!!! Thanks. That's great. Now I will work on wrapping the text in the left space of the diagram that's now placed to the right.

End of the saga. Having your example and re-reading the help files, I changed your setting from 1in to 0in and it's working beautifully and came in from the right margin and wrapped perfectly.

Many thanks again.

Cheers.

Phil

Hi there. Thank you. I will

Hi there. Thank you. I will do a little more study to make your assistance more helpful. However it failed to work under any circumstances. I added wrapfig via the Add package command, not the preamble though as I am not familiar with it and the help files warn you off from messing with it unless you are an "expert". I certainly added the encapsulated tex files but t never runs the dvi output.

Thanks again.

Phil

pviton's picture

I'm not sure from the order

I'm not sure from the order of the comments whether this is solved or not. But if it isn't, could you post a short failing document with all the TeX fields? Preferably based on the Std Latex Article.