list of tables

marvin2jh's picture

Hello. I would like to change my list of tables such that every line starts Table #. instead of #.
How can I do it? Please let me know! Thank you very much!

There are probably several

There are probably several ways that this could be answered.  Here is one:  http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2172882/include-the-word-table-in-list-of-tables-appendix-in-table-of-contents-etc

The attachment demonstrates this method.

marvin2jh's picture

Thank you very much. But it

Thank you very much. But it doesn't work. I want to let the line start with the table name which is given in a table.

This is very different from

This is very different from your first description.  So, you mean that you do not want the table number displayed in the LOT, only the caption text?  Do you then not want the table numbered in the body of the document?

Describe completely what you want.

marvin2jh's picture

Sorry for the confusion. When

Sorry for the confusion.
When you see the attached, it reports only table names, dots, and page number. I need this. Thank you very much.

How is the sample I had

How is the sample I had posted different from the PDF you posted?  I only see a couple of details different, but overall the results are similar.

marvin2jh's picture

What you posted couldn't

What you posted couldn't remove the number in each line.

Your sample shows: Table 1:

Your sample shows:

Table 1: Pagination and Sequencing………………………………………………………. 2

Table 2: Summary of Table of Contents…………………………………………………... 4

Table 3: Michigan State University Degree Granting Units………………………………. 8

and my sample shows:

Table 1 Table Caption . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2

Other than copy/paste issues, the only difference I see is some spacing and the colon after the number.  The colon can be included by adding:

\renewcommand\cfttabaftersnum{:}

to the document preamble.

If you are creating a dissertation document for Michigan State University (implied by your sample), then you might do a search to see if there is already a LaTeX typesetting specification available.