SWP 5.5 no longer "works"

jsmeyer's picture

My Scientific Workplace 5.5 installed on a Surface Pro with Windows 8.1 suddenly quit "working" . That is it will no longer execute arithmetic commands. This followed a frenzy of file deletions from my document folder. I wonder if I could have deleted something crucial there or elsewhere. Any suggestions of how to begin to resurrect the program?

First check the computational

First check the computational engine is on.  Use Tools, Computation Setup, the Engine Selection tab and make sure MuPAD is selected.

If this doesn't help, then try reinstalling.

jsmeyer's picture

Thanks as usual, George, for

Thanks as usual, George, for your superb advice. The Engine Selection Tab was "greyed out" so I did reinstall. At least arithmetic is now working. I am still having problems with the numeric solution of systems of differential equations, however. So I might be sending you files about that if I don't get it straightened out by tomorrow.
Thanks again.
Pax
Jim Meyer

jsmeyer's picture

Thanks as usual, George, for

Thanks as usual, George, for your superb advice. The Engine Selection Tab was "greyed out" so I did reinstall. At least arithmetic is now working. I am still having problems with the numeric solution of systems of differential equations, however. So I might be sending you files about that if I don't get it straightened out by tomorrow.
Thanks again.
Pax
Jim Meyer