No numbering

marvin2jh's picture

Now I am making up the title page with no page number and the date. How can I erase the page number and the date?

Ususally, you can remove the

Ususally, you can remove the date from the title page by entering a date field that contains only white space, like a required space character (use Shift+Spacebar to enter a required space character).

Removing the page number will depend on the typesetting specification being used.  You may get the results you want to using the titlepage class option.  Another method that may work is to add a TeX field containing "\thispagestyle{empty}" someplace where it will appear on the title page.

marvin2jh's picture

Thank you for you comments.

Thank you for you comments. But the Tex field which is located in the Front Matter doesn't work. And my titlepage class option doesn't have an option for page numbering.

Sorry, but no guesses without

Sorry, but no guesses without seeing a sample document.  You can copy your document and delete most of the body since this issue conserns only the front matter, and then post as an attachment.

marvin2jh's picture

Here is the title page

Here is the title page

Move the TeX field containing

Move the TeX field containing \thispagestyle to the abstract.  You will also probably want to start the body of the document with a newpage object, otherwise the text in the body of the document will appear on the title page.  The second page of the document will then be page 2.

The titlepage option is available for the article document class that your document uses.  However, the abstract is not part of the title page, so if you want the abstract on the title page then the method you are using is needed.